STEEL WASTE CONTAINERS
SHEBOYGAN PAINT COMPANY is a leading manufacturer of water-reducible and high solids coatings for both refinish and OEM of industrial steel waste containers.
WHY CHOOSE SHEBOYGAN PAINT COMPANY?
- Ease Of Application: Products designed to be optimally applied for air-spray, HVLP, and brushing and/or rolling applications. Products applied over primers or direct-to-metal.
- Cost Effectiveness: Economical unit pricing combined with excellent coverage.
- Proven Environmentally Friendly Technologies: Market Leader of water-reducible refinish coatings servicing major waste haulers throughout North America. Major supplier of water-reducible and high solids finishing systems for OEM producers of steel waste containers.
- National Distribution & Service: Technical Resources available to assist end‑users to optimally use and apply products to realize sustainable value.
Sheboygan Paint Company's Water-Reducible Protective Enamel Coatings are high gloss, low VOC, fast drying water reducible alkyd coatings intended for industrial finishing and refinishing applications. Our Water-Reducible Protective Enamel Coatings can be applied by brush, roller, or spray. Benefits include:
- Fast air drying
- Direct to metal application
- Superior adhesion and early moisture resistance
- No flash point due to the presence of water
- Excellent flexibility
- Low odor for better working conditions
All surfaces should be cleaned and free of dirt, salt, oil, grease, chemical deposits, and other surface contaminants by washing with a commercial detergent or suitable cleaner. High gloss surfaces should be scuff sanded to insure good adhesion. Surface should be dry when painted.
A light mist coat may be applied immediately followed by a heavier second coat. In many cases a heavier first coat, evenly applied, will provide adequate hiding and coverage. A medium 3/8” soft woven covers is recommended for rolling and .013 to .015 tip is recommended for airless spray application. Ambient air, paint and substrate temperature should be at least 50°F at the time of application.
When evenly applied at the recommended dry film thickness of 1-1.25 Mil, SPC's Water-Reducible Protective Enamel should be dry to touch in 45-60 minutes and dry to handle in 4-6 hours at 77°F and 50% Relative Humidity. High film thickness, low air movement, and/or high humidity will increase dry time.